Progressive Slot Machines: Everything Includes This System
Free or classic slot machines are attractive, and that most players knowing how to navigate this market know it, but in the world of slots, those which are phenomenally successful are especially the machines offering you to win dizzying jackpots. Perhaps you even noticed with amazement that some of them are over a million euros.
For some slot machine aficionados, so-called fixed jackpots are now somewhat outdated. For them, trying their luck on a progressive slot machine is much more exhilarating.
The Origins of the Progressive Slot Machine
Progressive games have been arguably the most exhilarating addition to the gaming industry in recent decades. Based on the traditional slot machines invented in the late 1800s, progressive slots and other progressive games add a thrill that the average gamer never knew.
The gradual development of slot machines and video poker machines really started to take off in the early 1980s, replacing classic slot machines as the norm in casinos.
The use of video technology has allowed machines to be linked together to create progressive jackpots, which are by far one of the most popular casino games to date.
Why? Because you can earn millions without spending a fortune. The biggest progressive jackpot win ever was € 19,429,358 on the Mega Moolah Mega ™ slot on April 27th. Something to leave you dreaming.
How a Progressive Jackpot Slot Machine Works: the Role of Chance
Lately, online casino software developers have introduced a new way of betting with the concept of progressive slots. As a result, some prize pools no longer require a specific symbol combination to appear on the reels and paylines of the machine.
The progressive jackpot is actually triggered randomly. This new system, called “Random Jackpot,” is, for example, commonly used by the publisher Real Time Gaming.
Similarly, Microgaming has launched a similar mechanism through its Mega Moolah ™ slot machine, which also includes a prize pool that is activated randomly during play. The “Wheel of fortune” bonus of this jackpot slot machine progressive is also triggered at random, and the player has the opportunity to win huge sums of money by this means.
Difference Between Progressive Slots and Classic Free Slots
You might be wondering whether you should play regular slots or jackpot slots. There’s even a reasonable chance that you don’t know the difference between the two.
In this part, we will try to help you understand how each type of slot machine is played, its advantages and why it is best suited for your needs.
Ordinary Slot Machines
As you have probably understood. Even regular slot machines have jackpots. So what’s the difference between them and typical “jackpot slots”? Well, regular slot machines are often referred to as non-progressive jackpot slots. The reason is that their jackpots are fixed. They are always worth the same amount, no matter how many times they are won or how often.
Regular slots like Fruit Warp ™ often have considerably smaller prizes than progressive jackpot slots, and the amount you can win is often based on how much you bet. A regular slot machine might have a jackpot worth 500 times your total bet, for example.
If you win the jackpot, it will always be worth that amount, whether you wagered € 0.20 per spin or € 200 per spin. You will always earn 500 x that number.
Jackpot slots – more commonly known as progressive jackpot slots – are quite different. Their jackpots are progressive (in the sense that they evolve) and are not fixed at all. Instead, every time a player makes a bet, the jackpot increases in size.
Unlike regular, non-progressive slot machines, these jackpots can reach millions of dollars at a time. When they are won, the prize will disappear and return to its standard level, by default. It is then reconstituted as the player’s bet on the slot machine.
Progressive jackpot slots, like Melon Madness Deluxe ™, can be networked, which means that if multiple casinos offer the same jackpot slot machine, the same prize is available at all casinos offering the game. This means that the top prize may not be won by someone playing at the casino of your choice.
How to Choose the Right Slot Machine Jackpot?
Choosing a progressive jackpot slot machine from among the thousands that can be found on the net is no small feat to help you make up your mind; we’ve listed the things you need to consider before you get started.
- The Publisher: In choosing a progressive jackpot slot machine, you should always consider the quality of its publisher. To begin with, as a first step, we advise you to bet on popular and recognized machines.
- The Jackpot Amount: The jackpot amount in play should be a good indicator of whether or not you should try your luck on a progressive jackpot machine. The longer you wait after a player has won the jackpot, the more the amount increases, and your potential winnings too.
- Available Options: As progressive jackpots become more and more popular in online casinos, game developers are starting to create progressive jackpot games that offer various types of special features like autoplay and bonuses to attract more players. Make sure you choose a machine with interesting options!
The Different Progressive Slot Machines
There are different types of slot machine jackpots, depending on the winnings. It has nothing to do with gambling; it just has to do with how slot machines are linked together. They can be public networks, internal networks or stand-alone.
List of the Best Progressive Slots
Most online casinos that offer progressive jackpots group them all into one category. This makes it possible to find them quickly and easily. They usually display the jackpot amount, which helps players find the juiciest payouts in an instant.
It’s no surprise that some progressive jackpots have reached legendary status. Here are the slot machines with the biggest prizes you’ll find online.
- Mega Fortune (NetEnt) – For some time, Mega Fortune ™ was the most popular online jackpot game. That changed when the sequel came out, but it’s still in high demand. So much so that some casinos prefer to store this version rather than its successor.
This glamorous Hollywood-style slot machine features a low variance 5×3 setup and 25 paylines. Players choose bets between 10c and 50 € to spin the reels. The bonus round of the jackpot is triggered by causing three bonus symbols to appear on a payline on the first three reels.
Unlocking the jackpot spin happens surprisingly often and elevates the game to a tiered jackpot wheel.
The value of the prizes increases as they get closer to the center of the wheel, where the mega jackpot is located. Mega Fortune ™ ‘s biggest payout to date is a ridiculous € 17,861,800 for a stake of 25c.
- Mega Fortune Dreams ™ (NetEnt) – NetEnt has followed Mega Fortune ™ with another huge progressive jackpot slot, Mega Fortune Dreams ™. The glamorous theme continues with a 5×3, 20 payline game that takes place aboard a yacht in the Caribbean.
Mega Fortune Dreams ™ visual update, better features, and increased volatility have helped make it one of the most popular progressive jackpot slots. Three bonus symbols visible on reels 3, 4 and 5 start the bonus wheel.
As before, the objective is to reach the center of the wheel. This is where the Mega Jackpot is located. Mega Fortune Dreams ™ made headlines in April 2017, when a lucky player won a tidy sum of 4.6 million euros on Casumo.
- Arabian Nights ™ (NetEnt) – As NetEnt puts it, Arabian Nights ™ is a world of pointy satin slippers and tasselled fezzes. Oh, and a progressive jackpot that has grossed millions since its release in 2005. Please note that players must wager a minimum of € 5 per spin, which puts this slot machine in a higher category. However, the rewards are there.
Another lucky bettor pocketed 4.8 million euros in 2010, while 1.9 million euros fell the following year to Mr. Green. This low/medium variance slot machine uses a simple five-reel, three rows, and only ten payline setups.
There are no lamps to rub here, but the lamp symbol can trigger 15 free spins with an x3 multiplier. Yes, it sounds a bit dated, but the potential is there. All it takes is five wild genie symbols to trigger the jackpot.
- Empire Fortune ™ (Yggdrasil Gaming) – Yggdrasil didn’t just silence opponents with an oversized slot machine. They fought back with another progressive jackpot, Empire Fortune ™. Empire Fortune ™ takes full advantage of its luxurious theme.
It is a slot machine that bathes in opulence and whose rewards are at the height of its ostentation. The key to hitting the jackpot is getting three bonus symbols. This opens the Jackpot Wheel. Players spin the wheel to win prizes ranging from Instant Coins, Free Spins, and one of three jackpots. Two are local, the Gold and Diamond jackpots.
The third is the largest, the Empire jackpot pooled globally. What size are we talking about? November 2018 turned out to be a lucky month for another Swedish player who collected € 2.25million on a € 4 stake.